The University of North Carolina Hospitals Department of Pharmacy’s Acute Care Clinical Services Team has an immediate opening for a highly motivated individual who is ready to lead one of the nation's largest clinical teams. The Clinical Manager, Acute Care Clinical Services will be responsible for the following:
• Supervising a group of employees in administering program activities to include selection, training, evaluating, counseling, and disciplining, as delegated
• Providing direction and feedback to staff in his/her charge to facilitate accurate and proficient completion of all work
• Assigning and analyzing project data to evaluate pharmacy and staff performance
• Educating and precepting UNC Health Care Pharmacy residents and UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy students
• Leading pharmacy Acute Care Clinical Services staff meetings and huddles, as well as participating in other committee initiatives within the department, institution, and/or professional associations
• Other responsibilities will be assigned based on departmental and operational needs
DESCRIPTION OF WORK and DUTIES
• 60% – Provides program level and staff management as well as shift specific management to areas of responsibility
• 15% – Collects, analyzes and reports data for the support of patient care and operational initiatives
• 10% – Teaches students, residents and new pharmacy staff as well as participates in scholarly activities
• 10% – Initiates, assigns and evaluates outcomes from special projects
• 5% – Demonstrates active leadership through responsibilities both internal and external to the DOP
The hours of the position will be 8:00AM - 5:00PM Monday - Friday, but may flex as needed based on operational needs.
If a Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy: Five (5) years’ experience.
If a Pharm D degree: Three (3) years’ experience.
If a Pharm D degree plus a Master’s degree in Pharmacy Administration, Health Care Administration, Business, or related field: Two (2) years’ experience
Experience Substitution: Each year of accredited residency may substitute for two (2) years of experience. Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist and eligible to practice pharmacy in the state of North Carolina.
Job ID: PHA00606