Coordinate informatics and automation activities of pharmaceutical care throughout the long term and post-acute care environment. Take responsibility for pharmacy hardware and software-related applications. Work directly with appropriate staff of each facility to assure coordination, timeliness, optimization and uniformity of automated functions within the pharmacy. Act as primary liaison between Pharmacy and Information Technology.
- Act as primary liaison between the HMH Post-Acute Care Pharmacy and other health care professionals with respect to pharmacy information technology and automation issues. Works effectively with an inter-disciplinary team to evaluate, plan, design, develop, test, implement, maintain and support projects and initiatives of the department and its customers.
- Manage projects to connect facility electronic health records systems with pharmacy systems.
- Perform system health checks and monitor eMAR effectiveness.
- Schedule, organize, and perform eHR integration training sessions.
- Research, troubleshoot and respond to concerns from customers.
- Keep related Pharmacy policy and procedures, guides and technical documentation up to date.
- Actively participates and shares ideas in team, project and status meetings.
- Analyzes current and future needs through interviews and gathering data regarding regulatory requirements, operational procedures and hospital/departmental policies. Evaluates and provides recommendations on a broad range of hardware and software products for applicability, compatibility, safety, efficiency, and long-range integration with other systems.
- Manages Bar Code Medication Administration program, ensuring compatibility with facility eMAR. Coordinates with Pharmacy Buyer to ensure all products are bar code ready. Keeps bar code library updated.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in long term care or hospital environment with emphasis on information technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office® Suite including Word®, Excel®, and Outlook®.
- Knowledge of long term care facility electronic medical records
- Experience with Pharmacy IT systems.