The primary purpose of this position is to direct stores to operate in an efficient manner, adhering to company policies, procedures and programs that maximize potential sales, script growth, margin and profitability. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Supervise Pharmacy Managers to operate an efficient pharmacy and execute against the district/company business plans/objectives to achieve sales, script growth, margin and profitability and hold entire team accountable.
- Conduct frequent store visits to engage with the store teams and ensure stores are in compliance with DEA controls and overall company standards of operation in the pharmacy.
- Participate in the planning and development of district retailbudgets including sales, script growth, margin, labor and expenses and overall P&L results monthly to ensure operating income and EBITDA are achieved.
- Ensure all the store pharmacy team executes on company initiatives and actively building profitable sales and script growth through Clinical Services. Including but not limited to Immunizations, MTM (Medication Therapy Management), and Diabetes Specialist.
- Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities, providing regular performance feedback, and scheduling any and all required training.
- Use key performance indicators to monitor and improve customer satisfaction, quality assurance, and workflow standards in the pharmacy.
- Execute WFMS in the pharmacy to ensure that labor is planned for customer service and completing operating activities while achieving labor budget.
- Participate in developing district succession plans for all key pharmacy positions.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, hiring, placement of Pharmacists and the training and development of the store pharmacy team.
- Partner with Loss Prevention Manager to monitor and maintain proper compliance with all federal/state regulations including DEA, HIPAA, CIA, etc, and resolve any issues with noncompliance implementation or training required to bring store/individual into compliance.
- Ensure customer service programs are properly implemented and adhered to in order to guarantee a high level of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Execute all corporate marketing, merchandise, and operations programs to drive sales, script growth, and profits in all stores within the district.
- Meet with District Manager to address ongoing operations and drive accountability with pharmacy and store management for profitability.
- Liaison for store/pharmacy management teams and the corporate office providing direction and urgency to execute on company objectives and programs.
- Conduct annual and ongoing performance appraisals for Pharmacy Managers and Pharmacists. Provide performance input for Store Managers, Assistant Store Management, Shift Supervisors, and all pharmacy ancillary personnel ensuring all ADP’s are executed and progressive counseling occurs where necessary.
- Direct activities associated with remodels, resets, and script acquisitions with the District Manager.
- Drive script growth or protect market share from competitive openings with the District Manager.
- Maintain communication with professional, civic, and governmental organizations.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
Experience / Requirements Education
- Bachelor's degree (BS), Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.) or equivalent, plus a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in management and pharmacy operations and Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have valid pharmacy license and driver's license.