Pharmacy Clinical Specialist
Location: United States - Texas - McAllen
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services - Hospital Administration
Job Category: Medical / Health - Pharmacy
This position is responsible for demonstrating an expertise in a particular clinical pharmacy service line or specialty and is able to focus and serve as a resource in the provision of pharmaceutical care to patients within that specialty.
Position also clinically or operationally, supervises Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacists.
1. Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations governing pharmacy services
2. Proficient in the use and application of new medications and technology
3. Effective verbal and written communications skills are required
4. Ability to effectively participate on an interdisciplinary team or committee
5. Knowledge of pathophysiology, interpretation of diagnostic criteria, pharmacokinetics and
6. Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and pharmacy information systems, required
7. Leadership skills
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Bonus Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
Seniority Level - Other
Management ExperienceRequired - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
Experienced Pharmacy Clinical Specialist in hospital acute care setting.
One of the nation?s largest hospital management companies, has more than 350 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers across the U.S. As we continue to grow, we stay focused on making health a positive and local experience.