Description: Provides strategic direction and alignment with Kaiser Permanente National and Kaiser Permanente Colorado goals for Pharmacy Infusion services including product preparation, Oncology, Home infusion, Automated Dispensing Machines (ADM), Clinic Administered Medications (CAMS), USP 797/800 and hazardous drug handling requirements and other compliance and regulatory issues. Operational oversight of the management team for the departments assuring that the processes and systems are in place so services meet budget, quality, service and regulatory requirements. Coordinates information flow, program development and implementation with the Outpatient Pharmacies, Pharmacy Centralized services and Clinical departments as well as with outside departments including Kaiser National programs, Benefits, Medicare, Legal, Appeals, Provider relations, Sales & Marketing, customer service and other delivery system and health plan departments. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Maintains knowledge of and assures departmental compliance with Kaiser Permanente's Principles of Responsibility and policies and procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Accountable for strategic planning, management team leadership and operational oversight of Pharmacy infusion services including product preparation, Oncology, Home infusion, automated Dispensing Machines (ADM), Clinic Administered Medications (CAMS), USP 797/800 and hazardous drug handling requirements and other compliance and regulatory issues.
- Develops a team of professionals to plan and implement department goals and objectives in area of responsibility. Leads and supports the pharmacy management structure to enable achievement of Kaiser Permanente Colorado Pharmacy and Delivery System business objectives for service and quality including budget accountability for human and financial resources. Provides leadership and direction to management team including hiring, evaluating and coaching.
- Assures that strategic planning, workflow standardization, maximized technology and high quality, member- focused service for all Outpatient Infusion Pharmacy Programs & Services are in place so care provided by the infusion pharmacies staff meets service and operational regulatory requirements and are aligned with Kaiser Permanente National programs.
- Assures program alignment with key stakeholders including Oncology, Home infusion, Infusion Centers, Nursing Operations, Urgent Care, CDIT (Beacon) and Anesthesia.
- Coordinates program development, implementation and communication flow with the Outpatient Pharmacies, Pharmacy's Centralized services and Clinical division and with outside departments including, health plan administration, Legal, Provider relations, Sales & Marketing, Group Practice departments, and Kaiser Permanente National programs.
- Minimum two (2) years of progressive responsibility in a leadership role in oncology or infusion services, with emphasis on knowledge of regulations and operations.
- Doctor of pharmacy degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Colorado Pharmacy License or eligible for licensure in Colorado.
- Board certification required.
Job Number: 664440