You Will Be Responsible For:
- In depth understanding of pharmacy's services and is able to articulate to staff to ensure pharmacy processes are followed appropriately.
- Works within registered pharmacy technician mandated scope of practice guidelines.
- Understands thoroughly the AHS prescription plan and communicates with staff and physician office any questions regarding formulary and prior authorization processes.
- Maintains an awareness of quarterly prescription plan formulary guide and offers support to staff and organizational team as necessary.
- Help administer AHS corporate prescription plan, offering support and education regarding pharmacy benefits and management and eligibility issues for Florida and Multi-State region(s).
- Monitors the pharmacy phone billboard, ensuring all member calls are answered in a timely manner, requesting backup as necessary; takes phone calls as appropriate.
- Serves as a point of escalation for calls requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve customer issues and ensure timely resolution. Communicates with department Manager, any areas of concern for future service.
- Available to staff for leadership and guidance on plan questions, pharmacy processes, and additional customer service training as necessary
- Monitors customer service processing duties on a daily basis; communicating with call center technician staff to ensure timely completion
What You Will Need:
- Minimum AA/AS degree required or previous supervisory experience of (2) years in the area of customer service.
- 5 years retail or mail-order pharmacy technician experience
- A current Florida Board of Pharmacy Technician Registration, RPT; must complete state required continuing education requirement for registration.
The Call Center Supervisor is responsible for a wide range of supportive duties to assist the Pharmacist in the processing and adjudicating of prescriptions. This position coordinates the day-to-day activities of a team of call center and technician staff and monitors all phone volume and productivity standards. This position oversees the incoming call volume to ensure service standards are met and patients receive consistent care. This position hires, trains and supervises members of the call center and is required to understand all pharmacy processes and positions excluding Pharmacist's duties. Works only under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist and does not perform duties that can only be legally performed by a registered Pharmacist.