Procures sourced medications, equipment, and services for departments within Cleveland Clinic Health System.
- Places all sourced orders for assigned vendors.
- Serves as a single point of contact for vendors assigned and responsible for processing issues related to sourced items.
- Organizes, facilitates updates, and retains product information files and purchase order records.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations (e.g. optimize inventory, maintain critical medication supplies, etc.), decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Secures reasons for price changes and challenges price changes when not justified; insures appropriate paperwork will be secured from the vendor and updated in the respective information systems.
- Works on resolution of invoice price discrepancies and conversions to compliant purchases.
- Communicates status of issue to appropriate staff as required.
- Works in concert with the sourcing teams that all updates are processed to on a timely basis to facilitate an efficient procure to pay process.
- Maintains the proper and appropriate professional and ethical relationship with vendor representatives, conducts business according to established principles and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business, pharmacy or a related field.
- An additional four (4) years of supply chain experience or pharmacy experience specifically related to inventory control may offset the degree requirement.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) verified through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- Registered as a Certified Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Technician Trainee with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy. Pharmacy Technician Trainees must be registered as a Certified Pharmacy Technician within 90 days.
- For incumbents as of 4/5/2018 who do not currently hold PTCB registration will be given until 4/6/2019 to obtain required certifications.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum two years purchasing or related experiencerequired.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require periods of sitting, standing and the ability to walk to various locations throughout the health system to attend meetings.
- Must have normal or corrected vision and be able to clearly communicate verbally by phone or in person.
- Must have own transportation due to travel to multiple sites.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities