Pharmacy Automation Engineer provides high-level technical support and mentors and assigns special projects to Sr. Level Technicians. This position is primarily responsible for providing first-level process Controls support for the highly-automated pharmaceutical packaging system. In addition, key responsibilities will involve implementing equipment and system upgrades (engineering change controls and continuous improvements), supporting installations involving upgrades or equipment expansions, and supporting Return-on-Investment (ROI)-based analysis for driving and justifying continuous improvements. Perform emergency, corrective, and preventive maintenance activities. Maximize efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow and assembly methods. Aid in setting and supporting scheduling of corrective repair activities.
- Troubleshoot, Install and Repair automated production equipment, to include Applications, Data/Information, Electrical, Robotic Programming, Electrical Controls and PLC Programming.
- Responsible for the technical support of Robot and PLC based hardware and software.
- Performs advanced level troubleshooting on Automated Equipment by using and understanding Electrical, Mechanical, and Pneumatic drawings and schematics, and using special test equipment and tools.
- Document all emergency, corrective, and preventive maintenance work via work orders associated with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS - MAXIMO).
- Plans and Implements automated equipment related new ideas and processes. Works with Developers, Designers and Production Engineers to improve quality of processes and/or machines, analysis of design and implementation of technical products and systems.
- Communicates with management on project goals and status.
- Drives change.
- Senior Point of Contact, responsible for Sr. Level Pharmacy Automation Service Technicians tasks to include equipment modification, upgrades and installs reports and spare parts inventory.
- Participate in continuous improvement studies, statistical analysis and functional reviews of unit operations.
- Operates onsite in an on-call capacity.
- Performs other assignments and special projects from the Development, and Sr Engineering teams.
- Works with Developers and Vendors to provide expert judgment and analysis regarding the design, development, and implementation of technical products and systems.
- Work as a Systems Coordinator to understand operating system and as a team member in the disaster recovery of automation equipment.
- 2 - 5 years of Electrical and PLC Systems experience.
- Mechanical/ Pneumatics /troubleshootingexperience related to automated equipment/control systems and working in a high volume production or pharmaceutical environment preferred.
- Experience working in an emergency and corrective maintenance capacity within a production environment; programming and troubleshootingexperience using RSLOGIX platform is highly-desired.
- MS Office Applications preferred.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- May include some travel to other sites and ESI facilities.
Job Id: REQ20010071