Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Business Info Consultant -
Locations: Mason, OH; Atlanta, GA; St. Louis, MO; Virginia Beach, VA, Morristown, NJ; Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; Louisville, KY; Wallingford, CT or Las Vegas, NV.
The Business Info Consultant is responsible for analyzing, reporting and developing recommendations on data related to complex and varied business metrics. Typically provides technical assistance to lower level staff. This associate in this role will develop models.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and maintains databases to track business performance.
- Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures.
- Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
- Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
- May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools.
- May make recommendations based upon data analysis.
- Requires a BS/BA degree in related field;
- 5 years data analysis or related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is required.
- Ability to manipulate large sets of data is also required.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Experience in PBM, pharmaceutical manufacturer, or health insurance industry strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to expert skill sets related to Microsoft Excel/Access and other data query tools desired.
- SAS, Domo, Tableau , Python experience is preferred.
- SQL experience is required.
- Prepares and analyzes trend data and external reporting is required.
- Provides analytic consultation to other business areas, leadership or external customers - required.
- This job is focused on complex and varied metrics, making recommendations and providing assistance to lower level staff.
- Healthcare Industry experience required, PBM preferred
- Consultant Experience preferred.