Certara is looking for talented and motivated Pharmacometricians/PKPD Modelers that are eager to grow their career and join the team as Associate Directors, Integrated Drug Development! We have a positions available in the Seattle and Bay areas.
About Certara Strategic Consulting
Certara Strategic Consulting is the largest pharmacometric consultancy organization in the world and assures that various career pathways are offered to match the ambition and personal interests of our employees! We are a division of Certara and deliver value by integrating advanced simulation approaches into the most crucial drug development deliverables—to inform internal decision-making and strengthen global regulatory submissions. Leveraging our experience working on thousands of key drug development projects on behalf of hundreds of biopharma companies, we bring a track record of success and a broad range of expertise to each assignment.
Our Pharmacometricians are responsible for providing expertise into clinical development plans, including the design, conduct, and interpretation of relevant clinical pharmacology and PKPD studies.
Qualified candidates will have the ability to work on a variety of therapeutic indications and data types and must be recognized experts in applied Population PK and PK/PD modelling and simulation to help design and conduct PK/PD modelling and simulation to support drug development.
We are looking for Pharmacometricians that want to:
- Deepen their strategic drug development expertise and their experience informing drug development decisions.
- Hone their pharmacometric techniques with fit-for-purpose modelling approaches leveraging e.g. model-based meta-analysis, target-mediated drug disposition models, and E-R trial-simulations.
- Broaden their drug development expertise by working with a myriad of companies, molecular modalities, and therapeutic areas.
- Develop their career path by recognizing and seeking opportunities that match their ambition and personal interests.
- Support projects for Certara’s clients by working in teams with other Associates, senior expert modelers, and drug development consultants.
- Hands on pharmacometric modeling on client projects as a billable consultant.
- Continuing education on advanced modeling and simulation approaches, with an emphasis on methods appropriate for complex biologics, bispecific biologics, chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapies, and immuno-oncology therapies.
- Conduct quality control and quality assurance activities on model codes and reports.
- May lead/coordinate company initiatives (e.g. IT, methodology, efficiency, automation, quality).
- May act as the primary point of contact for clients and collaborate with a senior consultant to grow business to match their interests.
Skills & Abilities
- PhD, MD, PharmD in Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of industry/consulting experience (may be combined with academic research) working in R&D, pre-clinical and clinical environments.
- Extensive experience in pharmacometrics, clinical pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, or a related discipline in a project team setting is preferred, whether in academia or industry.
- Expertise in PK/PD modelling with strong quantitative skills applied to develop models with nonlinear behavior, mechanistic or semi-mechanistic components relating to mechanism of action and tailored to meet specific drug-development questions.
- Advanced user of modelling software such as WinNonlin Phoenix, NONMEM, S-Plus/R.
- Experience in moving compounds through the clinical trials process and experience with various elements of clinical development and trial design and management and filings preferred.
- Experience in a specific therapeutic area, such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunotherapy or pediatric products is of interest.
- Proficient in spoken and written English. Certara is a global company, and additional languages are of benefit.
Certara is a growing company that provides a novel and exciting place to work. Our purpose is to assist in accelerating the development of meaningful medicines that make an impact on our society and the people that need them most. Innovation and creativity are highly valued, and everyone is given the opportunity for training and continuous development. Our portfolio spans the discovery, preclinical, clinical and post-marketing phases of drug development, working with 1,200 commercial companies, 250 academic institutions, and numerous regulatory agencies.
The well being of our employees is a priority at Certara, and that is why we support the most important aspects of their lives:
- Financial – competitive pay, incentives, retirement plans, income security programs
- Health and Wellness – comprehensive benefit package, wellness programs, healthy lifestyle office environments
- Work/Life –unlimited paid time off and an employee assistance program
- Growth & Development – performance driven environment
- Community Impact – volunteering opportunities, matching gifts, charitable contributions
Requisition ID : 1431