Pharmacist; Clinical Program Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Healthcare IT
Pharmacist; Clinical Program Manager - Springfield, MO
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Clinical Program Manager (CPM) optimizes the clinical quality and cost-effectiveness of drug therapy for plan sponsors and their members. This position focuses on rational management of drug utilization by employing analytical tools and an evidence-based approach to achieve lower net cost, better health outcomes, and higher levels of satisfaction for plan sponsors and their members. This position also works within an account team structure to achieve overall account and company financial goals. The Clinical Program Manager relies on data and performance indicators, as well as experience and judgment, to identify and promote performance improvement opportunities which attain the aligned goals of MedImpact and assigned clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides recommendations to assigned clients that align with both the clients’ and MedImpact’s mutual goals of lower net costs and high clinical quality
- Makes strategic recommendations including benefit design and formulary analysis, provision of clinical drug information, client P&T support and participation, rational drug formulary positioning, online system edits and restrictions, on-going clinical product evaluations, and client pharmacy benefit utilization and performance trends
- Provides clinical consultative services in accordance with contracted clinical services
- Designs, develops, and drives the clinical components of assigned account team’s strategic and financial goals
- Uses a variety of analytical tools and clinical resources to identify opportunities which simultaneously improve the plan sponsor’s quality-focused and financial performance metrics
- Identifies and promotes MedImpact’s evidence-based interventions and communication programs to clients
- Recommends and drives clinically appropriate initiatives to optimize the value of MedImpact’s rebate administration program for clients while delivering on the lower net cost goal
- Coordinates clinical utilization analyses and presentations to clients
- Coordinates clinical support of Drug Formulary and Preferred Drug Lists during plan sponsor’s implementation
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need to have a Pharm.D. and three (3) to five (5) years of job related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of relational databases
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered and Licensed Pharmacist in the State of California or equivalent state
Other Skills and Abilities
- Analytical skills with Health Informatics experiencepreferred
- Experience in promoting disease management or drug cost management programs preferred
This position requires approximately 25% domestic travel and may require international travel in which case a valid passport and ability to leave the United States will be required.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II