1. Accountable for the safety and quality of pharmacy services delivered for area. Actively participates in department and hospital wide continuous quality improvement programs, reports and manages medication errors.
2. Assists in establishing and designing goals for teams. Ensures Pharmacy representation on institutional committees and supports committee participation by team leaders and members.
3. Supervises clinical staff, provides, coordinates, and evaluates staff development opportunities for staff and members. Mentors staff through team building and education.
4. Collaborates with AD of Clinical Services to evaluate staff performance and conduct annual performance evaluations as well as disciplinary actions.
5. Participates in the budgetary process and monitors drug expenditures in area cost centers. Participates in the development of new programs, services and practices; develops metrics to track impact.
6. Serves, manages and supports internal and external customers.
7. Supports educational mission of VMC and Department of Pharmacy through training of students and residents.
8. Ensures compliance with all mandated federal, state and hospital policies/laws that are relevant to this position; Oversees review and revisions of pharmacy policies and procedures.
a. Obtains Continuing Education credits as required by the North Carolina Board of Pharmacy
b. Maintains active NC pharmacy license and provides proof of renewal prior to December 31 annually.
c. Maintains active BLS certification and provides proof of renewal bi-annually.
d. Successfully completes all annual department competency assessments.
e. Completes the T JC annual requirements and occupational health screening.
f. Complies with all state and federal laws and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.