The primary purpose of this position is to assist customers with their health care needs by filling prescriptions, providing clinical services and excellent customer service while supervising Pharmacy associates. Frequent independent judgments are essential. All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions filled by completing Drug Utilization Review and Final Quality Assurance, applicable to state and federal Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Build profitable business and script growth through recommended clinical programs including appropriate immunization and when available MTM (Medication Therapy Management), DCS (Diabetes Care Specialist), and all ongoing other programs as identified.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with medical-related issues and providing healthcare counseling.
- Supervise the work completed by support staff while on duty.
- Assist with training, coaching and managing the pharmacy associates and assume management responsibility over the entire pharmacy as needed.
- Maintain appropriate security of the Pharmacy department.
- Comply with HIPAA and all other applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Handle and resolve customer issues, complaints and questions to build customer trust and loyalty.
- Interact with physicians and utilize reference material to gain information on customers and prescriptions and to resolve any issues that arise.
- Assist with maintaining the Pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order.
- Prioritize Pharmacy Department tasks and follow through to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Including, but not limited to, cycle counts, inventory management and will-calls to customers.
Fair Chance Act
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- • Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Pharmacy or Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.).
• Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA).
• Active Pharmacist license in good standing in the state for which you are applying.
- * The above information represents a summary of the functions and requirements of this position. Additional details are available on the full job description.
Fair Chance Act Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the California Fair Chance Act, we will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history. You do not need to disclose your criminal history or participate in a background check until a conditional job offer is made to you. After making a conditional offer and running a background check, if we identify a conviction that is directly related to the job, you will be given the chance to explain the circumstances surrounding the conviction, provide mitigating evidence, or challenge the accuracy of the background report. Find out more about the Fair Chance Act by visiting the Civil Right's Department Fair Chance Act webpage.
For more detailed information around city/state required notices, click here to access a list of disclosures.New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (LAD)
The New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (LAD) prohibits unlawful employment discrimination based on an individual's race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy), familial status, marital/civil union status, religion, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for military service, and mental or physical disability (including perceived disability, and AIDS and HIV status).