What You Will Do
As an Associate with Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to assure the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders.
- Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems. Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for accurate delivery to patients.
- Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Maintain knowledge of pharmacy through reading, attending seminars, participating in in-service programs. Utilize the Pharmacy and Hospital libraries to provide drug information to other healthcare professionals practicing at Lourdes Hospital. May conduct in-service classes to staff or patients. Act as a preceptor for new employees, students, externs and technicians.
- Monitor, verify and supervise as necessary the work done by the technicians: verify that the patient’s medication profile is correctly transcribed, check unit dose cassettes, and check unit dose packaging done by the technicians.
- Prepare and dispense IV solutions as required by home care patients, including standard IV solutions with additives, antibiotic mini-bags, parenteral nutrition solutions and antineoplastic drugs.
- Responsible for the pharmacy stock. Assure that medications are properly stored and rotated. Make a notation when the supply of an item is low.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Pharmacist credentialed from the New York State Education Department Office of Professions obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Minimum of Bachelor of Applied Science in Pharmacology is required
- Doctorate in Pharmacology is preferred.
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D.
- Hospital experience is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Newly licensed pharmacists will be considered.,
Job ID: 301242