In this position, the Pharmacist plays an integral role in the coordination and delivery of drug distribution services throughout the hospital and utilizes drug knowledge and clinical skills to enhance optimal drug therapy for patients
- Interacts with physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals to ensure that medications are prescribed appropriately to avoid drug allergies, drug interactions, drug contraindications, drug duplications, and drug dosages outside established guidelines.
- Collaborates with the patient and other health care professionals involved with the medication use system to prevent medication errors.
- Reports, reviews and assesses suspected adverse drug reactions, provides accurate written and verbal drug information to health care professionals, patients and family and follows formulary management policy and procedures.
- Coordinates pharmacy student rotations and presents educational topics to hospital staff and the community
- Completes accurate floor checks of assigned areas and documents involvement with patient care areas.
- Allassociates of SCL Health System are expected to meet the following in their day-to-day work:
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be available to work overtime if needed.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be respectful of all with whom you interact and act in a professional manner.
- Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role.
- Be in compliance with all SCL Health System policies.
- Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the period assigned.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate on assigned tasks.
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Preferred (Optional) Education Bachelor's Degree Additional Detail Bachelor's of Science in Pharmacy Master's of Science in Pharmacy Experience More than 1 year and less than 3 years More than 5 years and less than 7 years Additional Detail Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn new applications relevant to the position Licensure, Certification
or Registration Current Montana Pharmacist Licensure or eligibility for reciprocity; if employee is newly graduated from a Pharmacy program, must obtain MT Pharmacist licensure within three months of hire. Current BLS certification or ability to obtain at next class offering Other: Knowledge,
Skills and AbilitiesAbility to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to communicate effectively anddiplomatically within a multi-functional team.
Job Number: 17008877