St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transformhealthcare.
The Pharmacist-Retail assures appropriate selection, dosing, administration, and monitoring of medication orders in the retail pharmacy.
- Reviews, verifies and enters physician orders into the patient medication profile.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for retailsales and/or delivery to patient care areas.
- Provides medication information and education to patients/customers, families and otherhealthcare providers.
- Documents interventions for use in medication therapy quality improvement efforts.
- Serves as liaison between public and health professionals by providing drug information as necessary.
- Responsible for day to day operations of Pharmacy and Pharmacy staff in retail setting and assures staff policy compliance. If designated as a Pharmacist in charge, complies with all duties as regulated by the state.
- Fulfills all legal requirements of labeling, dispensing and record keeping. Enforces regulations pertaining to the use and sale of controlled substances or dangerous drugs.
- Participates in and assists with the development of pharmacy education and informational programs for healthcare professionals, physicians, patient population and external groups.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Pharmacist credentialed from the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Controlled Substance License required.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from an accredited School or College of Pharmacy required
- Two years of experience in retail pharmacy practice preferred.
Job ID: 223438