Description: Receive training in a specific pharmacy practice setting to meet the educational outcomes and goals set by the ASHP. To develop competence, skills, and application of drug therapy knowledge in providing the broad scope of pharmaceutical services needed in a practice setting.
- Train in the required pharmacy practice settings for one year as developed by the Program to meet the core objectives of the program, including elective training in other pharmacy practice settings as offered by the Program. Complete a 12months training program to sufficiently meet the program goals, as well as the educational outcomes set by ASHP and/or AMCP prior to receiving certificate of completion.
- Develop and implement a longitudinal residency project under the guidance of Residency Director and other Preceptors. Present findings of project at the Western States Conference for Pharmacy Residents, Fellows and Preceptors. Complete additional projects and activities as required.
- Attend Professional and Educational Meetings/Conferences.
- Perform recruitment activities, as needed.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Must have successfully completed a first year (PGY 1 or similar) pharmacy residency program prior to start date in position.
- Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited (or ACPE candidate status) Doctor of Pharmacy degree Program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must have a current California Intern license by July 1st and a current California Pharmacist License by August 1st.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Must participate in and adhere to the rules of the Resident Matching Program (RMP) process.
- Experience in the specific pharmacy practice setting, exceptional leadership qualities and previous experience on interdisciplinary teams.
Job Number: 661585