ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Responsible for helping the store pharmacy operations achieve their planned business objectives.
- Assists in the operation of assigned pharmacy which includes providing exceptional customer service, sales, gross margin improvements, inventory purchasing and management, expense control and staff issues.
- Helps to ensure location compliance to all local, state, federal laws, and company policies and procedures.
- Assists in the training and development of retail pharmacy staff.
- Understands and complies with Policy and Procedure Standards and monitors team job performance execution by pharmacy staff when Pharmacy manager is absent.
Active role in delivering the Pharmacy Care programs, including immunizations, injections and testing.
- Timely successful completion of APHA immunization and otherrequired training or the equivalent.
- Monitors patients to insure therapeutic outcomes and minimize adverse drug effects.
- Consults patients in a professional manner to ensure patient understanding of drug therapy plans and outcomes.
In conjunction with senior leadership, assists in developing and implementing store programs to meet sales objectives and increase prescription volume.
- Provides the Pharmacy Manager and Store Director updates on Pharmacy operations.
- Confront complex pharmacy operational issues with situation specific business solutions in alignment with site management goals and objectives.
- Participative role in developing open communications between store staff and pharmacy group so as to improve morale, awareness of company programs, and support of Company objectives.
Performs all duties related to the preparation, dispensing and sale of prescription and pharmacy related products.
- Provides superior customer service combined with efficiency in processing scripts.
- Serves as a role model to team members in the areas of sales focus, customer service and stewardship.
- Maintains a professional attitude and image; leads by professional example.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Degree in Pharmacy required (B.S. or PharmD).
Licensed pharmacist in state where working.
- Knowledge of laws governing OTC drugs, pharmacy products and third party plans.
- Knowledge Pharmacy Policy & Procedure Procedures.
- Knowledge of financialreports and their use.
- High degree of initiative and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete work with a minimum of supervision under rigid time constraints.
- Customer relations skills including meeting customer needs and establishing an exceptional service environment.
- Demonstrates sound business ethics.
- Working knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft office, Access, Excel, and Word
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize work.
- Interpersonal skills including building relationships and conflict resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to effectively understand customers and employees’ inquiries.
- Ability to work different schedules to meet store and customer needs.
- Must have State-issued license for Pharmacist in state where working.
- Immunization Certificate as required.