In this position you will:
- Develop and maintain policy and procedures for the Pharmacy to be in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Plan, assess, implement, evaluate, and document all aspects of pharmaceutical care.
- Monitor stock and inventory of all pharmaceutical supplies in the pharmacy and the nurse’s station narcotics cabinet and Emergency Room.
- Maintain the formulary.
- Orient new staff to the pharmacy and provide continuing education in providing pharmacy services to ensure competency of staff.
- Provide medications according to current policy for the Valdez Emergency Medical Technicians.
- Provide written feedback regarding Quality Improvement Issues and ensures compliance with the Quality Management reviews.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduated from an accredited College of Pharmacy with a B.S. or B. Pharm. Degree
- Current Alaska Pharmacist License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 90 days of date of hire
- 6 monthsexperience in an applicable setting
- Basic pharmaceutical knowledge and clinical skills, and be familiar with the basic functions of a hospital pharmacy
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Advanced degree (Pharm.D. or M.S.)