The Pharmacist contributes to excellent patient outcomes and satisfaction through:
- Ensuring the daily operations within the hospital pharmacy allow the pharmacy to meet all customer and patient expectations.
- Contributing to and developing pharmacy specific policies and procedures, ensuring all policies and procedures meet all applicable Joint Commission and otherauditing agency regulations.
- Participating on the interdisciplinary team; providing the appropriate information to the team and utilizing the information received to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Accurate interpretation of medication orders, and compound and dispense medication preparations in accordance with the legal and professional standards of pharmacy practice.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Successful completion a degree from an accredited pharmacy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipmenT