PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica is one of the nation's largest institutional pharmacy companies. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in 45 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
The PharMerica facility in Fresno is recruiting a Full-Time Pharmacist to join the team. The Pharmacist provides pharmaceutical services to long term care and institutionalized patients in a manner that maximises quality and patient safety. Participates in and oversees the dispensing of medication in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Evaluates physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, and route of administration. Makes recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and facility staff as appropriate.
- Maintains patient/resident database to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and concurrent medication (including over-the-counter and home remedies).
- Ensures that appropriate laboratory tests for monitoring certain high risk conditions are ordered, evaluated and discussed with appropriate members of the healthcare team.
- Collaborates with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed.
- Documents all communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team and patients/residents and their family members in the medical record.
- Implements policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as disposal of drugs.
- Obtains, as necessary, and maintains all required documentation in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies and KPS policy.
- Informs the Pharmacy Manager of medication related errors.
- Assists facility/agency staff personnel with procedures relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining, administering and disposing of drugs.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be availible , Mon-Fri 8:30am-7pm; S/S 9am-5:30pm
Accelerate Your Career with PharMerica!
Nearest Major Market: Fresno