This position is located at our pharmacy in Louisville, KY. We are your “neighborhood” pet pharmacy online. Our facility is fully dedicated to service the needs of online pet parents and help them get what their veterinarian wants them to give their pet(s).
As a Pharmacist for PetSmart, you will be part of a team that is committed to providing outstanding care and wellness services for the pet parents and their pets.
- You will be responsible for the interpretation and verification of medication orders
- Review prescriber medication orders to identify possible dosing, scheduling, contraindication, allergy, drug interaction, and/or incompatibility problems.
- Communicate with Veterinarians and their staff and Pet Parents as required.
- Oversee and direct pharmacy technicians and interns. Provide ongoing training and coaching as needed.
- Maintain necessary records to fulfill Federal and State legal requirements and pharmacy policies
- Upholds operational standards including performance metrics, safety and compliance
- Perform related duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm.D
- Must have an active pharmacy license in the state of Kentucky with license in good standing (or have the ability to obtain a license in Kentucky)
- Strong customer services and attention to detail
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work a variety of schedules including, evenings, holidays, and weekends
In this role, you will be an integral member of the pharmacy team. Your success will be driven by your ability to lead and foster a culture of continuous improvement, quality, and service