Assures the appropriate selection, dosing, administration, and
dispensing of medication orders. Oversees and supervises activities of Pharmacy Technicians.
Would prefer residency trained pharmacist or a pharmacist with at least 5 years experience in a hospital environment.
- Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems.
- Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for delivery to patient care areas.
- Provides drug information and education to medical staff.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Pharmacy or PharmD. from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Current State licensure as a Registered Pharmacist (RPh) or eligible for reciprocation in current State within 90 days of hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year related experiencepreferred.
- Mobility, grasping, reaching, bending, sitting and standing.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.