McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Job Summary: The Pharmacist is responsible for the accurate dispensing of prescription medications and to monitor the daily work flow to meet production goals.
- Interpret physicians’ prescription orders, including contacting doctors, prescribers, and/or patients to verify information on prescription orders
- Clinical review of all medications dispensed.
- Consult patients on medication and device usage including potential drug interactions, and other customer service issues.
- Review patient medication history for allergies and drug interactions.
- Track prescription delivery status and other outstanding issues.
- Adhere to all federal, state and local pharmacy regulations.
- Respond as necessary to requests for patient counseling.
- Supervise support staff on a day-to-day basis to assure accurate and timely work.
- Intervene in quality failure recovery as required and reports all incidents to the Pharmacist Supervisor.
- The Pharmacist will be in contact with vendors and customers, as well as with key members of the management staff as needed to complete the job requirements successfully.
- Must also be able to communicate with external customers such as patients, doctor’s offices and insurance companies.
- Assist with overseeing of the technicians
Management Responsibilities: (if applicable)
- Responsible for providing employees with timely, candid and constructive feedback; developing employees to their full potential and providing challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
Minimum (Required) Qualifications: (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level)
- Doctorate of Pharmacy/Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy. Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in the state you work.
- Candidates must provide proof of active registration with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy and will be responsible for paying registration fee.
- Three to five years retail, home health, or hospital pharmacy experience is preferred. Knowledge of PBM industry/managed care industry/pharmaceutical manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications. Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to correctly input data into the computer. Able to communicate effectively whether in person, on the telephone, or through correspondence.