Wedgewood Pharmacy is the nation’s leading animal health compounding pharmacy and has been recognized with awards from the New Jersey Business & Industry Association in 2017 as an Outstanding Employer and in 2015 for Business Success. Additionally, Wedgewood Pharmacy was named a 2016 recipient of the Marcum Innovator of the Year Award. Located in Swedesboro, NJ, we are located only 30 minutes from Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE.
Wedgewood Pharmacy is seeking a Pharmacy Quality Manager to own the Quality Compliance of the Pharmacy Laboratory and participates in developing a quality culture that supports the company’s values of customer focus, integrity, collaboration, and innovation while meeting the needs of our stakeholders and regulators. The Pharmacy Quality Manager leads and manages the Laboratory Pharmacists who directly supervise pharmacy laboratory operations performed by registered Pharmacy Technicians. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: supporting quality system implementation and maintenance; reviewing and approving documentation; and collaboratively working with Operations.
- Stays current with applicable pharmacy regulations and internal quality standards
- Creates quality SOPs/Work Instructions (WI) for the function/organization
- Reviews/approves (closes) area specific:
- Batch/formula instructions
- Preparation specifications
- change controls ensuring adequate justification, impact assessment, implementation plan
- deviations ensuring root cause and impact were assessed and appropriate Corrective And Preventive Actions (CAPAs) were identified and assigned
- planned deviations ensuring impact was assessed and appropriate CAPAs were identified and assigned
- preparation out-of-specs ensuring root cause and impact were assessed and appropriate CAPAs were identified and assigned
- batch failures ensuring root cause and impact were assessed and appropriate CAPAs were identified and assigned
- product quality complaints ensuring root cause and impact were assessed and appropriate CAPAs were identified and assigned
- Ensures Laboratory Pharmacists are performing the following in accordance with regulations, companyquality standards, policies and procedures:
- supervise laboratory operations
- QC’ing preparations
- releasing/failing preparations
- Ensures Laboratory Pharmacist resources are efficiently and effectively allocated to support customer expectations and the needs of the business
- Evaluates Laboratory Pharmacists’ performance; identify opportunities for development and training/education
- Works collaboratively with Operations counterpart to accomplish common goals
- Supports quality system creation/implementation as assigned by Quality Director
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding USP 795, USP 797, State Board of Pharmacy regulations, Section 503A of the Federal FD&C Act
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate clearly, succinctly and effectively
- Experience in mentoring and developing Pharmacists
- Strong analytical abilities coupled with creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced and timeline-driven environment with shifting priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Bachelor's degree in pharmacy or Pharm.D.
- Registered pharmacist in the state of New Jersey with an active license in good standing
- Willingness and ability to be licensed as a registered pharmacist in multiple states
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a regulated environment or equivalent experiencerequired
- Relevant managerial and leadership experience.