Position Summary :
The Pharmacist is responsible for the continuation of pharmacy management’s goals and objectives within the dispensing pharmacy. Thepharmacist provides routine and emergency comprehensive and accurate drug screening, information, processing, and dispensing services for various drug distribution systems to the centers. Management skills and accuracy are required to ensure that the appropriate drug product reaches the customer efficiently and safely.
• Execute day-to-day operations in the pharmacy as they pertain to workflow, production quotas, and deadlines.
• Ensure that the pharmacy is in compliance with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy. Assist in ensuring that the pharmacy is in compliance with all DEA policies and procedures as set forth by Omnicare or the regulatory agency, whichever is stricter. Ensure that the pharmacy is in compliance with all third party payor contract rules and regulations by which the pharmacy is bound.
• Supervise the pharmacy production staff to ensure proper order entry, workflow, security of the pharmacy area, and adherence to delivery schedules.
• Check for completeness and accuracy of all new and refill labels and orders. Check for content and accuracy of all drug packaging and labeling.
• Preparation and/or supervision of all sterile IV drug products or solutions.
• Assist in the proper ordering, handling, receiving, documentation, and storage of all controlled substances; assist in maintaining a perpetual inventory for schedule II drugs.
• Provide evening, weekend, and holiday coverage during scheduled on-callrotation and as required by management.
• Workflow grid is cleared daily
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
• Responsible for providing employees with timely, candid and constructive feedback; developing employees to their full potential and providing challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds onoccasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
Work Environment: Work in a climate-controlled, smoke-free internalenvironment.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy
• Current license to practice pharmacy in good standing
• Proficient in the area of clinical interpretation: drug-drug, drug-disease, drug-food interactions and allergies
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
• Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills
• Perform accurately and efficiently when dispensing prescription medications
• Ability to work flexible hours, which may include evening, weekends, and holidays
• Knowledgeable about long term care regulations (OBRA, OSHA, state laws and other federal laws) that have an impact upon both pharmacy and Center operations preferred
BS Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm.D. degree from an accredited School ofPharmacy required
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in thefollowing EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.