Job DescriptionSee More
Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation.
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Are you searching for a fast paced and multifaceted environment where you can show your passion for helping others? If this sounds like the opportunity you're looking for, apply to our Pharmacist in Charge role at Omnicare today! We can't wait to meet you!
The Pharmacist In Charge (PIC) plays a vital role on the leadership team within the Omnicare Pharmacy and will report directly to the General Manager. The PIC will work to develop and implement strategies to ensure & improve operational excellence and compliance as well as provide outstanding customer service within the assigned pharmacy.
- Provide supervision for the dispensing pharmacy
- Monitor industry, regulatory and compliance industry, regulatory and compliance developments (e.g., state Board of Pharmacy, DEA, FDA, etc.) for pending regulatory changes and partner with Division Compliance Officer and pharmacy management to address them
- Communicate and educate staff on pharmacy-related issues such as regulatory changes/compliance, FDA drug recalls, drug information, sample medications, and investigational studies
- Implement quality assurance programs for pharmacy services crafted to supervise and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of patient care, pursue opportunities to improve patient care, and resolve identified problems.
- Implement policies and procedures for the procurement, storage, security and disposition of drugs and devices.
- Maintain record of all required pharmacist licensure & technician registrations for current staff, as required by state law.
- Respond to the board regarding any warning notice issued by the Board.
- Implement policies and procedures for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of prescription information and patient health care information, and ensures that all employees of the pharmacy read, sign, and comply with the established policies and procedures.
- Ensure pharmacy is in compliance with all local, state, and federal accrediting rules and regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy
- Serve as a primary source of information and responds to internal and external customer questions or clarification of information.
- May perform various duties associated with narcotic room compliance to include: reporting of periodic pharmacy self-surveys for controlled substances prescription accuracy, respond to and resolve regulatory surveyor's inquires related to compliance issues, contact physician to receive hard copy of prescription and perform drug recall surveillance and reporting
In this role, you will be an integral leader of the team. Your success will be driven by your ability to lead and foster a culture of continuous improvement, quality, and service. The most successful PIC demonstrates both excellent leadership & customer service skills. The contributions you will make will position CVS Health as a leader within the LTC marketplace.
This is a full time, benefit eligible position. CVS Health offers a competitive benefit package which includes, but is not limited to, Paid Time Off, Health/Dental/Vision insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Program , 401K with a company match, and a generous employee discount at all CVS stores.
This is a full time 36-40 hour/week position working Mon- Fri between 7 am and 11 pm and Sat 8 am - 7 pm. There is an on call weekend rotation of once every 3 weeks. This is currently a four, ten hour shifts/week position. All schedule information is subject to change based on business needs.
Must be a licensed pharmacist in the state of Indiana, must be active & in good standing
1 year management experience in a Pharmacist in charge or Pharmacy Manager role
1 year of pharmacist experience in a long term care dispensing role
Bachelors of Science Degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Valid through: 3/31/2021