Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Are you looking for a fast paced and dynamic environment? Do you have a passion for helping others?
CVS Health has a powerful purpose – “Helping people on their path to better health.” To enable this purpose, we have several initiatives, existing and new, that are re-inventing pharmacy and enabling better health outcomes. In Omnicare, we support our company’s purpose by delivering practical and innovative solutions to address the needs of continued care communities This critically important role is responsible for leadership of an Omnicare Pharmacy. This role will report to a District Director, Operations LTC and will develop and implement strategies to improve operational excellence and superior customer service within the assigned pharmacy. The General Manager position is responsible for ensuring operational excellence through the delivery of the right drug, to the right place, at the right time.
The leader in this role will have the opportunity to impact our business in the following ways:
- Run the operational performance of a designated pharmacy in order to achieve operational targets while maintaining all federal, state, and local compliance requirements.
- Ensures appropriate resources are mobilized and operating effectively in order to meet customer commitments. Consults with internal partners to develop action plans to address customer risks and opportunities.
- Use expertise in supply chain and pharmacy operations to ensure improve processes and create optimal efficiency of a pharmacy location.
- Implements enterprise-wide standard processes, programs and procedures within a pharmacy location.
- Partner with suppliers to ensure medication delivery routes meet customer needs.
- Accountable for recruiting, hiring, training and engagement of pharmacy staff in order deliver on pharmacy goals.
- You are responsible for coaching and development of direct reports
- Operate with strong business intuition; hold responsibility for overall location operation metrics, employee engagement and compliance.
Current license to practice pharmacy in the state of Wichita
Operations management experience, including responsibility for managing workflow, resources, quality and compliance.
Demonstrated track record of operations management.
- Relevant sectors include healthcare, manufacturing and supply chain.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose operational challenges and deliver solutions in real time.
- Demonstrated ability to hold teams accountable in a fair, supportive and equitable manner.
- Demonstrated ability driving operational improvements and related metrics
- Track record of proactively tackling issues in a timely and decisive manner, while keeping broader organizational dynamics in mind.
- Demonstrated abilities to perform under pressure, adapt to changing dynamics, and find solutions that satisfy multiple customers of the business.
- Track record of building high performing teams and developing key talent.
- Demonstrated track record of leading using CVS Health Leadership Competencies
Bachelor’s degree, BS Degree in Pharmacy, or Pharm. D.
degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy