$80K — $100K *
• Provide supervision for the dispensing pharmacy
• Monitor industry, regulatory and compliance industry, regulatory and compliance developments (e.g., state Board of Pharmacy, DEA, FDA, etc.) for pending regulatory changes and partner with Division Compliance Officer and pharmacy management to address them
• Communicate and educate staff on pharmacy-related issues such as regulatory changes/compliance, FDA drug recalls, drug information, sample medications, and investigational studies
• Implement quality assurance programs for pharmacy services crafted to supervise and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of patient care, pursue opportunities to improve patient care, and resolve identified problems.
• Implement policies and procedures for the procurement, storage, security and disposition of drugs and devices.
• Maintain record of all required pharmacist licensure & technician registrations for current staff, as required by state law.
• Respond to the board regarding any warning notice issued by the Board.
• Implement policies and procedures for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of prescription information and patient health care information, and ensures that all employees of the pharmacy read, sign, and comply with the established policies and procedures.
• Ensure pharmacy is in compliance with all local, state, and federal accrediting rules and regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy
• Serve as a primary source of information and responds to internal and external customer questions or clarification of information.
• May perform various duties associated with narcotic room compliance to include: reporting of periodic pharmacy self-surveys for controlled substances prescription accuracy, respond to and resolve regulatory surveyor’s inquires related to compliance issues, contact physician to receive hard copy of prescription and perform drug recall surveillance and reporting
In this role, you will be an integral leader of the team. Your success will be driven by your ability to lead and foster a culture of continuous improvement, quality, and service. The most successful PIC demonstrates both excellent leadership & customer service skills. The contributions you will make will position CVS Health as a leader within the LTC marketplace.
This is a full time, benefit eligible position. CVS Health offers a competitive benefit package which includes, but is not limited to, Paid Time Off, Health/Dental/Vision insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Program , 401K with a company match, and a generous employee discount at all CVS stores.
Must be a licensed pharmacist in the state of Washington, must be active & in good standing
At least 2 years in a leadership position within a pharmacy environment
1 year management experience in a Pharmacist in charge or Pharmacy Manager role
1 year of pharmacist experience in a long term care dispensing role
Bachelors of Science Degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy
Valid through: 3/31/2021