How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The position will be based in the Cancer Center in the Hope Tower at JSUMC.
HOPE Tower – Jersey Shore’s new Healing Out Patient Experience - will provide a new healing outpatient experience for the community. Guided by a patient-centered approach towards care, and informed by the latest medical breakthroughs, HOPE Tower expands upon Jersey Shore University Medical Center's comprehensive services by providing a thoughtful and accessible health care experience.
A day in the life of a Pharmacist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- The pharmacist provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care through integrated drug distribution, patient counseling, and teaching.
- Maintains competency in unique aspects of drug therapy for the patients for which they provide care, including factors related to patients of all age groups including neonates, pediatrics, adults, and geriatrics
- Reviewing patient medication histories as needed
- Reviewing patient medication profiles
- Determining alternatives for achieving outcomes
- Educating patients on drug therapy Monitoring patient outcomes
- Monitoring potential adverse, drug-drug, and drug-food interactions
- Willing to work in oncology infusion suite preparing chemotherapy products - must achieve competency in chemotherapy preparation
- MUST be a NJ Licensed Pharmacist
- Minimum (1) year Pharmacist experiencerequired- hospital experience a plus
- Chemotherapy experienced preferred
- Must be able to work weekends