As a Clinical Home Infusion Pharmacist, you will review charts and lab results for an assigned caseload of patients receiving specialized, complex infusion therapy and TPN care. You will communicate routinely with the patient and caregivers; answering questions, gathering information and discussing updates and course recommendations with the physician. You will utilize your excellent written and verbal customer service skills as well as advanced computer skills in order to interact with key caregivers and patients.
Make a difference today by bringing your personal touch and clinical experiences that will support our patient’s one-on-one care.
Pharmacists with Coram CVS/specialty infusion services have a uniquely rewarding setting in which to use their exceptional pharmacy skills. As a national leader in the home infusion field, we seek to hire those special pharmacists who not only possess strong clinical expertise, but also the kind of deep compassion and sensitivity it takes to build one-on-one relationships and support patients receiving infusion therapy in the comfort of their home.
This is an excellent opportunity to pick up some extra hours!
* Building strong one-on-one relationships with your patients while they are recovering or receiving routine treatments, and supporting remote patients on a routine schedule and as needed.
* Participating in patient evaluation and chart review for acceptance, product selection, device selection and supply management.
* Collect, interpret and evaluate all physician medication orders for therapeutic appropriateness, cost effectiveness, accuracy, safety and completeness.
* Monitor the patient’s progress and assessment results to communicate clinical and technical information with the physician and other members of healthcare team. Most patient contact will be on the phone and, on occasion, you will meet them in our infusion suites.
* Directly supervise pharmacy technicians and support personnel in the appropriate compounding, packaging and labeling of compounded sterile products.
* Assist in training and orientation of new employees, performance improvement activities and educational programs.
Learn more about Coram on YouTube:
Registered Pharmacist with current license in the State of Connecticut.
One year related experience in an IV alternate site environment or equivalent is preferred.
B.S. or doctorate of pharmacy degree is required.
Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services. The integration of Coram into CVS Health enables the company to offer enhanced, comprehensive infusion services; expanded payer access; and a national network of more than 85 locations, including 65 ambulatory infusion suites. Providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month, Coram cares for patients through all phases of their healthcare continuum including clinical and compliance monitoring, and individual patient counseling. CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues embrace fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service to meet the needs of the many people and businesses relying on us each day.