Description: Demonstrates knowledge of Kaiser Permanente pharmacy benefit structure. Maintains a contemporary working knowledge of Kaiser Permanente automated systems. Communicates appropriate information regarding formulary and target drug alternatives and is effective in increasing provider compliance and member acceptance to assure appropriate drug utilization. Consults with appropriate personnel in matters of uncertainty. Makes informed, rational, and timely decisions.
- Consults with health care practitioners to establish high quality patient drug therapy plans and outcomes. Monitors patients to insure therapeutic outcomes and minimize adverse drug effects. Consults patients in a professional and efficient manner to ensure patient understanding of drug therapy plans and outcomes. Contacts and confers with the prescriber in a timely manner to clarify and answer questions regarding drug product selection to facilitate appropriate patient outcomes. Serves as a role model by demonstrating a contemporary attitude and focusing on patient care outcomes. Accurately reviews, interprets, and fills prescriptions/orders to ensure patient safety. Accurately compounds and prepares medications or supervises same. Self identifies professional deficiencies in the practice of pharmacy and takes corrective measures to improve such deficiencies. Improves patient care outcomes by developing knowledge and skills in new areas of pharmacy practice as they arise through literature review, continuing education, and collegial sharing of information. Demonstrates knowledge of department mission statement and objectives by assisting in development and achievement of location specific goals. Demonstrates a complete understanding and complies with all pharmacy department and location policies and procedures concerning the responsibilities of a pharmacist and support personnel. Mixes IV additive solutions and chemotherapy using aseptic technique.
- Monitors, surveys, and inspects facility medication storage sites to ensure safe, appropriate drug storage. Maintains a cost conscious attitude in the daily function of the pharmacy. Uses reference materials or alternative sources of information when necessary. Maintains a professional appearance, observes the suggested departmental dress code and wears identification badge. Maintains a professional attitude and image; leads by professional example. Attends to personal affairs so as not to interfere with the work schedule. Maintains cleanliness of self and work area. Demonstrates good judgment in the ability to organize and assist in directing workflow to maintain appropriate service levels. Demonstrates ability to set goals, plan, organize, and take tasks to completion. Demonstrates consistent ability to be a productive employee. Answers phone calls as necessary.
- Delegates responsibilities, where appropriate to maintain quality member service and satisfaction. Assists in the orientation, training, and education of support personnel, interns, externs, and pharmacists. Exercises independent judgment within the limits of authority. Influences others to strive towards location and departmental objectives. Maintains current knowledge of and complies with state and federal laws, rules and regulations. Demonstrates knowledge and support for continuous quality improvement programs in the location, department, and region. Demonstrates a complete understanding and complies with established regional employee relations policies and procedures. Demonstrates working knowledge of inventory control principles to establish/ensure appropriate cost effective asset management. Demonstrates working knowledge of professional practice standards.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Pharmacy with a bachelor of Science or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree. Candidates who will graduate prior to date of hire will be considered.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon OR Washington Pharmacy license in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer. Candidates who are eligible for licensure within 90 days of date hired will be considered. Duties will be restricted until licensed and a licensed Pharmacist must oversee the Pharmacist eligible for licensure.
- Oregon Outpatient Positions ONLY: Must be certified to prescribe self-administered hormonal contraception and other self-administered products as approved by the Oregon Board of Pharmacy. Candidates who are eligible for certification within 90 days of date hired will be considered. Duties will be restricted until certified.
Job Number: 624079