Following physicians' orders, the Pharmacist
compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceuticals. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and dispenses accordingly.
- Consults with physicians and nursing staff regarding patient reactions, errors and complaints.
- Determines and consults on possible drug interactions.
- Assists in the supervision and training of pharmacy technician personnel.
- Participates in Drug Utilization Review.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
At the largest hospital in HCA's West Florida Division, become part of something bigger. Through the units of our 425-bed statutory teaching hospital, you will find an avenue to pursue your passion for excellence in patient care. Since 1978, Largo Medical Center
has thrived due to a strong focus on growth, technological innovation, excellence in care, compassion and convenience. We have three locations primed to help patients in Pinellas County. Largo Medical Center has locations in Clearwater, through our Free-Standing ER, in Largo, FL through our Largo Medical Center - Main Campus and at Largo Medical Center -Indian Rocks close to Indian Rocks Beach.
Our campuses provide exceptional care to our patients through a variety of our service lines such as Emergency Services, Cardiovascular Services, Behavioral Medicine, Bariatric/Surgical Weight Loss care at the Florida Bariatric Centers, Breast Healthcare at the Florida Breast Institute, Clinical Research, Occupational Health, Hepatobiliary Center, Imaging and Diagnostic Services, Knee Care at the Florida Knee and Orthopedic Pavilion - 10th Anniversary, Outpatient and Inpatient Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, Robotic Surgery, Sports Injury care at the Florida Sports Medicine Center, Sleep Disorders Care, Wound Care and Spine and Neurological Care at the Florida Spine & Neuro Center.
As a progressive and thriving facility, Largo Medical Center is committed to launching service lines that align themselves with the needs of the community. Our newest example of this commitment is seen through the opening of our Transplant Institute of Florida, the first Transplant Institute in Pinellas County. With a passion for quality, and a commitment to growth for our hospital and our employees, Largo Medical Center creates a culture of compassion and service excellence for patients and employees alike.Qualifications:
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of a college of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmacy Education.
- BS or Pharm.D degree.
- Hospital Experience Preferred.
- State licensure as a Pharmacist.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.