Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Are you looking for a fast paced and dynamic environment? Do you have a passion for helping others?
As a Consultant Pharmacist, you have the exciting opportunity to collaborate with facility leaders and staff to coordinate pharmaceutical services within long term care facilities. You will have the opportunity to guide development and evaluation of pharmaceutical services procedures within the facility. You will assist the facility to identify, evaluate, and address/resolve pharmacy-related concerns and issues that affect resident care, medical care, quality of life, and/or regulatory compliance. This position will perform duties below by working in various long term care facilities.
· Ensure facilities remain compliant with federal regulations
· Clinical reviews as required by federal and state regulation
· Own issue resolution and communicate early warning signs of potential issues
· Drive adoption of Omnicare programs and service offerings
· Leverage existing customer relationships to promote and drive organic growth as well as new business
· Conduct Executive Reviews and other customer meetings as required
· Collaborate with Account Management, Sales, Operations and appropriate corporate functions to meet overall site goals and objectives
· Perform Medication Regimen Reviews (MRR), as required by regulation or contract for facility type, and provide written reports of these reviews to applicable facility staff preferably upon exit but within 3 business days after each month’s consulting has been completed;
· Spend an appropriate amount of time on each resident’s review as defined by their clinical needs;
· Use OSC 2 OR software on-site to generate MRR, including therapeutic interchange and Omnicare clinical program-related, recommendations and documents responses to previous recommendations;
· Utilize MDS 3.0 to identify specific residents needing targeted focus(es);
· Complete the “Quality Improvement: Consultant Pharmacist Summary Report” for all applicable facilities, and transmit this and the “Summary for Consultant Services” after each month’s consulting has been completed;
· Educate facility staff, including the Director of Nursing, Medical Director and Administrator when new programs are implemented and perform specific functions required of new programs conducted by Consultant Pharmacist
Active Pharmacy license in good standing in Nevada
• 2-3 years’ experience in a clinical pharmacy practice with at least one year of either long term care pharmacy practice or in an acute-care hospital setting preferred
• Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team and promote pharmacy through excellent clinical, organization, interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency with computers, including word processing and spreadsheet management
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
B.S. in Pharmacy or PharmD degree with additional knowledge and experience and/or Certification in geriatrics and/or gerontology