The Pharmacist-Clinical will demonstrate consistent application of knowledge and skills to deliver appropriate, safe, efficient, effective and cost effective pharmaceutical care in the scope of their particular assignment. This position will be responsible for the care of patients as well as the development of effective, professional relationships within the multidisciplinary team.
Essential Job Duties
- Oversees and/or participates in assuring appropriate medications are prepared and delivered to care areas in a timely manner, and are stored both securely and in a manner appropriate for both stability and effective workflow.
- Supervises and mentors technicians and other pharmacy staff working in/with area of responsibility in order to maintain the accuracy and quality of pharmaceutical services.
- Provides accurate drug information to other health professionals and patients to assure safe and appropriate use of medications. Serves on committees as a resource on drugs and/or pharmacy policies as required.
- Participates in the multidisciplinary team to provide feasible therapeutic recommendations and alternatives that improve patient drug therapy. This may include drug, dosage form, dose, route, dosage interval and duration. Monitors physician orders to ensure safe, correct, and appropriate use of medications. Monitors, documents and evaluates patient response, drug effects, and adverse medication events.
- Actively participates in department cost savings initiatives. Monitors pharmaceutical inventory and formulary and exercises strict inventory control through diligent tracking of all substances. Participates in organization surveys (Joint Commission or other applicable regulatory agencies) or auditinspections.
- Maintains quality in the department through completion of quality control check logs and other quality/clinical documentation. Takes responsibility for assuring quality improvement projects are developed, implemented and completed.
- Trains and supervises new pharmacy technicians, student-interns, pharmacy students and other supportive staff as needed. Participates and supports the training programs and mentorship of students and residents.
- Is knowledgeable and compliant with State and Federal laws, regulations, pharmacy policies, procedures and standard operating procedures, formulary and pertinent Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Provides professional, engaging curstoner service to all patients, and healthcare providers with whom they work.
- Entry Rate: $52.39
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time, 7 on/7 off schedule
- Department: Pharmacy
- Additional Details: The schedule is a 7on/7off, night position: 2100-0700. Must be able to work rotating every other weekend and working holidays as part of the regular rotation.
- Current license as a Pharmacist by State in which one practices.
- Controlled substance license.
- Current knowledge of state and federal regulations and statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of approved drugs, controlled substances, and investigational agents.
- Hearing/listening, manual dexterity, seeing.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Three years experience in an institutional pharmacy environment.
Job ID: 205695