Participates in the maintenance & optimization of pharmacy information systems and EHR. This includes but is not limited to, Omnicell, SMART pumps, Barcode usage and CPOE. Analyzes user needs, document requirements, and researches appropriate workflows. Meets regularly with pharmacy area and hospital departments to assist with decision support analysis and the creation and maintenance of the pharmacy information technology plan. Provides high quality comprehensive pharmaceutical care appropriate to the age of the patient which contributes to positive patient outcomes. Maintains formulary in accordance with established Tenet and pharmacy policy. Answers questions regarding drugs for clinicians. Compiles and analyzes reports. Performs other duties as required.#LI-KB1
- Pharm.D. Experience: 2-3 years.
- License/Certification: Current California State Board of Pharmacy license.
- Experience with technology systems development, design, implementation (e.g. BCMA, ADC’s, CPOE) and maintenance of 2-3 years.
- Experience in clinical systems, which may include, implementations throughout the system design life-cycle, performing workflow analysis, testing, training, go-live support, system upgrades, and issues management.
- Experience in organizational/behavior change management methodologies of principles; passion for excellence and ability to move organizations out of their comfort zone to achieve excellence.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Proven critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, analytical, and quantitative, organizational research, time management and priority setting skills.
- Experience in conducting evaluations and assessments, i.e. change readiness assessments, workflow optimization assessments, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to function both autonomously and collaboratively within a team; networks with colleagues and industry forums to leverage knowledge.
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Hospital experience strongly preferred.