Ensures the appropriate selection, dosing, administration, and dispensing of medication orders. Manages the oversight and supervision of activities of pharmacy technicians.
- Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems.
- Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for delivery to patient care areas.
- Provides drug information and education to medical staff.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Pharmacy or PharmD. from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Current State licensure as a Registered Pharmacist (RPh) or eligible for reciprocation in current State within 90 days of hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year related experiencepreferred.
- Mobility, grasping, reaching, bending, sitting and standing.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.