Christiana Care Health System is currently recruiting for a full time Staff Pharmacist to work Day/Evening shift rotation and every third weekend.
Christiana Care Health System is one of the nation’s largest (>1,000 beds) not-for-profit teaching institutions, serving all of Delaware and neighboring areas of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey- with over 54,000 admissions, 7,200 newborn deliveries, and 143,000 emergency department visits annually. Christiana Care is centrally located from major cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
To be responsible for the dispensing of medications and provision of pharmaceutical services to the patients of Christiana Care upon receipt of a valid order. Evaluates individual patient medication needs; clarifies or corrects orders with the health care team; provides information to medical personnel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm.D required
• Current licensure (or eligible to reciprocate) in state of Delaware
• Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receives and interprets physicians' medication orders; reviews patient medication profiles to guard against sensitivities, contraindications, duplications, and major drug interactions; clarifies or corrects orders with physicians and nurses.
• Assures maintenance of patients' medication records in accordance with state and federal regulations and Christiana Care policy
• Provides drug information to other health care professionals and patients. Consults and advises members of the medical staff on matters relating to specific drug therapy problems; provides drug information and other informational materials to members of the medical, nursing and related staff; works with medical and/or nursing personnel to resolve problems involving pharmacy services
• Consults and advises members of the medical staff on matters relating to specific drug therapy problems; provides drug information and other informational materials to members of the medical, nursing and related staff; works with medical and/or nursing personnel to resolve problems involving pharmacy service
• Coordinates and supervises work-place activities and resources; promotes professional competence; assures that services rendered and work performed are in accordance with specific standards; advises, assists, and supervises work of pharmacy technicians; assumes final responsibility for accuracy of their work; to include satellite pharmacies as well as sterile product processing in the IV Admixture Service lab, OR pharmacy and ambulatory chemotherapy areas, where the pharmacist is responsible for assuring USP 797 standards are consistently in compliance.
• Demonstrates skill and knowledge necessary to provide pharmaceutical care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
• Demonstrates skill and knowledge necessary to function effectively and responsibly in various pharmacy settings (ex. satellite pharmacy, IV lab, OR pharmacy)
• Conducts interpersonal matters with others in a cooperative and tactful manner
• Prepares special medications involving compounding procedures and sterile products using aseptic techniques when necessary
• Assists with review and revision of departmental policies and procedures, as requested
• Makes recommendations to supervisor for improvement of methods and procedures
• Maintains a current knowledge of technical developments affecting scope of responsibility; participates in various local, state, and national organizations; participates on various hospital committees as assigned
• Assist with training programs of pharmacy interns, residents, students, and technicians; provides information in all pertinent areas of pharmacy practices, policies, and procedures. Shares in the evaluation process for the individuals.
• Maintains a current knowledge of all departmental safety procedures
• Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to supervisor in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
• Performs other related duties as required.46689BR