T ake your career in the right direction - join us at HealthTrust. Amidst the fast-changing dynamics of healthcare within HealthTrust and our parent company (HCA - Hospital Corporation of America), come work from home as a Pharmacist!
More than 1,600 hospitals have partnered with HealthTrust to lower expenses and improve outcomes across healthcare operations.
HealthTrust delivers supply chain, workforce, and clinical integration services to help healthcare providers improve performance with superior pricing and operator-driven practices. This is accomplished by hiring professionals like you!
A seven-time recipient of a "Champion for Change" award from Practice Greenhealth, HealthTrust actively encourages and enables ecologically responsible purchasing alongside fully embracing a culture of integrity and a code of ethics.
The Centralized Order Entry Pharmacist is a key member of the Healthtrust Supply Chain Operations team. The COE Pharmacist is responsible for monitoring, evaluating and making recommendations to assure the appropriate and effective use of pharmaceuticals for patient care. This position is Full-Time, with a night shift schedule of 5pm-1am.
- Provide patient care activities to ensure safe and effective drug therapy
- Articulate daily activities that support continuous quality improvement of patient care
- Prepare written or oral report at change of shift to communicate incomplete assignments and potential patient safety
- Demonstrate knowledge and mastery of required job functions, internal communications and operating systems
- Accurately enter orders in the computer in a timely manner
- Ensure facility procedures are followed when non-formulary drugs, target drugs, restricted drugs and investigational drugs are ordered
- Initiate change in assignments based on workload and resources available
- Screen for drug interactions, allergies, order duplications, appropriate diagnosis, renal and liver function prior to order entry
- Assure facility queues are addressed in a timely manner
- Investigate and report adverse drug events and medication incidents
Work From Home - Savannah, GA
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- To attract the best talent, HealthTrust offers one of the leading 401(k) plans in the healthcare industry (a 100% match on up to 9% of pay based on years of vesting service).
- Tuition Reimbursement program for individuals seeking higher education.
- Professional growth and advancement.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college of pharmacy required; Pharm.D. preferred
- One (1) year hospital experience preferred
- Meditech experience is a plus.
- Must be have the applicable state pharmacy license (in good standing)