Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for activities which support patient focused are with the medical center. These include: filling and dispensing drugs and pharmaceutical preparations as prescribed by medical staff members for administration to patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Dispenses medications accurately and in a timely fashion
2. Resolves questions regarding formulary/ and non-formulary medications, knowledge of and follows policies and procedures
3. Provides dosing & therapeutic recommendations that take patient age/ kinetic variables based on literature
4. Performs clinical chart reviews on a scheduled basis
5. Performs Patient Care Unit inspections on a scheduled and timely basis
6. Prepares parenteral medications using sterile aseptic technique
7. Maintains adequate medication supply in the Pharmacy area and informs supervisor of impending shortages
8. Intervenes and documents interventions to correct/ improve pharmacotherapy
9. Reports adverse drug events and medication errors occurring in area serviced
10. Takes responsibility for the operation of the assigned Pharmacy area and activities of all supportive personnel
11. Adheres to Hospital’s dress code
12. Maintains an acceptable attendance record
13. Keeps up to date by reading and attending workshops, conferences and C.E. programs to maintain professional competency
14. Perform chart reviews, looking for appropriateness of drug therapy for the disease or diseases being treated as per department requirements.
15. Responsible for medication reconciliation as per department requirements.
16. Performs patient education, including but not limited to, proper dose as prescribed, taking meds on time, side effects if any, interaction with other drugs patient might be taking, all as per department requirements.
17. Completes PEAK training and educational requirements as per department and/or hospital requirements.
Graduate from an accredited College of Pharmacy (ACPE).
2 years as licensed Pharmacist