We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Pharmacist.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations, licensing requirements and professional standards pertaining to storage inventory control, dispensing and distribution of medication, medication consultation and vaccination of approved medications as permitted by the New York State Board of Pharmacy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Responsible for medication dispensation according to NYULMC policies and NYS Pharmacy Laws.
- Maintains pharmacy records according to NYULMC policies and NYS Pharmacy Laws.
- Provides Drug information and consultation to patients and health care providers according to NYULMC policies and NYS Pharmacy Laws.
- Maintains a current understanding and understands application of onsite pharmacy technology.
- Provides vaccinations to patients according to NYULMC policies and NYS Pharmacy Laws.
- Provide direct oversight of pharmacy Technician maintaining NYULMC standards of quality.
- Assists management with Waste Fraud and Abuse according to NYULMC policies and Federal Law.
- Participates in monthly inventory though Veriform assignment.
- Professional development: participates in projects/activities to maintain professional competence (seminars, journals, 15 hours of continuing education credit per yearrequired by NYS)
- Maintains a professional attitude when answering telephones, addressing patients and providing drug information
- Document clinical interventions
- Complete annual competency assessments
- Provides guidance to pharmacy students when required.
- Performs other miscellaneous related duties as required.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy. New York State Pharmacy License. Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Required Licenses: Pharmacist License-NYS
5 years experience in a busy retail pharmacy, provided immunization to greater than 200 patients PGY-1 Ambulatory. ASHP Oncology accreditation with 2 years or more experience as an oncology pharmacist in a hospital setting preferred.
Job ID: 1055040_RR00029469