What You'll Do:
Based in our Indianapolis Pharmacy Hub as a PRN Pharmacist, you will take ownership and accountability for the successful completion of all pharmacy production duties and tasks and achievement of pharmacy branch goals. This includes monitoring and managing the prescription process in the pharmacy, as well as assisting in the daily activities. Your service is essential to meet the needs of our end customer, the long-term care patient. Listening carefully, resolving issues appropriately, assuring accuracy and providing precise direction will be important for your success; especially as you guide pharmacy employees engaged in mixing, packaging, labeling and changing prescription orders.
What You'll Bring:
AlixaRx is built on hallmark strengths - innovative technology, quality pharmacy services, understanding and meeting customer needs, exceptional service, and a strong work ethic - so we are looking for a professional who shares our values. Other qualifications, skills and abilities you bring to the table include the following.
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college or school of pharmacy
- Long-term care pharmacy experience as a Pharmacist preferred
- License to practice pharmacy is required in the state is required.
- Must also be willing to obtain licensure for multiple states per request of the General Manager
- Supervisory experience preferred with leadership abilities to coordinate multiple associates and provide direction to accomplish job functions
The ability to:
- Review and assure adherence to regulatory compliance (OSHA, State Board of Pharmacy, etc.) as well as adherence to all ethics, policies and procedures
- Review prescriptions issued by physician, or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed
- Compound sterile and non sterile medications, using standard formulas and processes, such as weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients
- Demonstrate oversight for the accuracy intake of prescription orders and the efficient fulfillment of orders
- Dispense medications, support/counsel nursing facility staff on the use of prescription and over-the-counter medications, and advise physicians about medication therapy
- Counsel nursing facility staff about general health topics, such as diet, exercise, and stress management, and provide information on products, such as durable medical equipment or home healthcare supplies
- Establish and maintain methods and style of storage and record maintaining systems for providing safekeeping of medicines or pharmaceuticals
- Promote open communications between internal and external customers, to enhance cooperative efforts, improve pharmacy service and production performance
- Support customers after-hours, weekends, and holidays through on-call support process