The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) Oncology Pharmacist team provides extensive pharmaceutical care to inpatient and ambulatory patients. In addition to direct care, pharmacists participate in drug therapy consults, conduct clinical research protocols, provide patient/family/staff education, and precept pharmacy students and residents. SCCA combines the adult and pediatric oncology patient care services of three world-renowned cancer care institutions Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle Children's, and UW Medicine.
SCCA has an outstanding opportunity for a PHARMACIST 3 - GENERAL ONCOLOGY. The Pharmacist 3 will be responsible for providing clinical pharmacy services in General Oncology at SCCA and University of Washington Medical Center.
Pharmacist 3 duties include:
- Implement and monitor, with the healthcare team, patient medication therapy for achievement of desired therapeutic outcomes.
- Maintain accurate medication profiles for patients.
- Utilize the system of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) to measure the effectiveness of pharmaceutical care.
- Participate in protocol development.
- Participate in the education and training of healthcarestudents and providers.
- Perform the duties of a Pharmacist 2.
- Maintain patient confidentiality according to UW Medical Center/SCCA standards.
- Perform related duties as required.
This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, rewarding, and diverse environment. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please view this page.
State of Washington Pharmacist License AND two years of experience in pharmacy practice. Months spent in the completion of an American Society of Health System Pharmacists accredited residency training program may substitute month-for-month for the required experience.