The Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist is engaging with both Gastroenterologists and Primary Care Physicians in face to face discussions to promote assigned client product(s), maximize the product(s)’ selling potential and meet program and Client objectives post approval. The PSS achieves this by developing and maintaining relationships with HCPs and educating them about product features, benefits, safety profile and approved indications to ensure appropriate patient use. The PSS utilizes approved tools and resources for product promotion and maintains a competent level of product, territory and customer activity knowledge.
- Create and implement strategically sound business plans and tactical strategies within the assigned geographic territory to achieve individual, territory and company goals for sales, market share, call metrics, appropriate sample distribution, etc.
- Manage daily sales call activity according to defined expectations, with the purpose of educating and influencing customers and building product sales:
- On behalf of Client, promote Client's product(s) via face to face interactions with assigned HCP targets, engaging them in in-depth program discussions/presentations.
- Profile and manage a list of HCP targets and provide value-added education & product benefits to grow product volume.
- Maintain call productivity and metrics that are required by program.
- Listen and respond appropriately to customer needs and questions.
- Effectively and persuasively communicate with customers using effective selling, listening and negotiation skills, proper terminology and approved messaging and materials.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Client product(s) and program.
- Verify and complete requireddata entry in CRM systems, such as details of the target’s responses and any follow-through actions.
- Regularly and timely communication with Client RBDs and Touchpoint Regional Field Coordinators, as well as members of various Touchpoint home office support teams and Client teams, as required.
- Create and maintain a positive relationship with client and client’s customers.
- Prepare reports for management as needed and requested.
- Fully comply with all laws, regulations and Publicis Touchpoint Solutions Policies, Code of Conduct, all privacy and data guidelines, relevant state and federal laws and regulations and terms and conditions prescribed in the Sample Administration Agreements and PDMA Guidelines.
- Participate in teleconferences and live National, regional and district meetings and training sessions and represent client at National and/or local conventions when requested.
- Perform special projects and assignments as directed by the manager.
Key Working relationships:
- Report to Touchpoint Regional Field Coordinator, working closely with Client Regional Business Directors
- Collaborate with other Touchpoint team members in the district, Touchpoint Client Services and members of Touchpoint home office support team from various departments.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with customers and client contacts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of pharmaceutical salesexperience with at least 2 years of those in specialty sales.
- Experience in GI therapeutic category.
- Launch experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding process and launch of new product (market access, prior authorization, step edits, etc)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Clear, articulate and grammatically sound speech and professional phone manner.
- Strong focus on providing customers with superior support and service.
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate complex information.
- Strong rapport building skills and active listening skills.
- Excellent selling, closing, persuasion and presentation skills.
- Ability to display high-levels of initiative, effort and commitment successfully complete projects and assignments.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Good organizational and planning skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and working proficiency in using iPad and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to successfully complete client training and meet training expectations in order to proceed to servicing client’s customers within the parameters of the program.
- Ability to drive to assigned targets within the territory using own automobile or fleet vehicle (if provided by Touchpoint).
- Demonstrated ability to work compliantly and completing all required Compliance and Regulatory training.
- Ability to travel to work related meetings and functions (including overnight and/or weekend).
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Key Performance Competencies:
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Customer Focus
- Business Acumen
- Driving for Results
- Decision Quality
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Motivating & Influencing others
- Integrity & Ethical in Business Conduct & Performance
Apply directly at: