Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Less than 5 years experience • Health & Beauty
The Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (PSR) is engaging Health Care Professionals (HCPs) in face to face discussions to promote assigned client product(s), maximize the product(s)’ selling potential and meet program and Client objectives. The PSR achieves this by developing and maintaining relationships with HCPs and educating them about product features, benefits, safety profile and approved indications to ensure appropriate patient use. The PSR utilizesapproved tools and resources for product promotion and maintains a competent level of product, territory and customer activity knowledge.
- Create and implement strategically sound business plans and tactical strategies within the assigned geographic territory to achieve individual, territory and company goals for sales, market share, call metrics, appropriate sample distribution, etc.
- Manage daily sales call activity according to defined expectations, with the purpose of influencing customers and increasing product sales:
- On behalf of Client, promote Client's product(s) via live interactions with assigned HCP targets, engaging them two-way conversation.
- Profile and manage a list of HCP targets and provide value-added benefits to grow product volume.
- Ensure total office call made involving all members of the HCP that impact patient access to drug (coupons, access, managed care coverage etc)
- Prioritize calls based upon business needs, analyzing data to ensure key accounts and HCP’s are covered as needed to drive the business
- Maintain call productivity and metrics that are required by program.
- Manage promotional budget.
- Listen and respond appropriately to customer needs and questions,
- Effectively and persuasively communicate with customers using effective selling, listening and negotiation skills, proper terminology and approved messaging. Challenges HCP Treatment Algorithm.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Client product(s) and program.
- Verify and complete requireddata entry in Touchpoint CRM systems, such as details of the target’s responses and any follow-through actions. Messages, Surveys, field email – learns business tool ad utilizes them routinely to analyze the business
- Regularly and timely communicate with the District Manager, as well as members of various Touchpoint home office support teams, as required.
- Create and maintain a positive impression with client and client’s customers.
- Prepare reports for management as needed.
- Fully comply with all laws, regulations and Publicis Touchpoint Solutions Policies, Code of Conduct, all privacy and data guidelines, relevant state and federal laws and regulations and terms and conditions prescribed in the Sample Administration Agreements and PDMA Guidelines.
- Participate in teleconference and live National, regional and district meetings and training sessions and represent client at National and/or local conventions when requested.
- Perform special projects and assignments as directed by the manager.
Key Working relationships:
- Report to Touchpoint District Manager.
- Collaborate with other Touchpoint team members in the district, Touchpoint Client Services and members of Touchpoint home office support team from various departments.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with customers and client contacts which include all members of HCP office and staff.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Completion of pre-employment screen
- Business Acumen
- Strong effective outside territory routing and time management skills
- Computer and software experience ; proficiency using Microsoft word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proven successful business results in a complex sales environment
- Ability to make an immediate impact in the assigned sales territory with a sense of urgency
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively educate medical staff members ensuring patient access to the medication.
- Experience selling in a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders and decision makers
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Plus one of the following:
- 2 or more years of successful salesexperience (pharma or non- pharma) since undergraduatedegree was obtained
- 3 or more years or relevant work experience since undergraduatedegree was obtained
- Experience selling in primary care or urgent care setting advantageous
- Successful pharmaceutical salesexperience selling against generic competitors desirable
- Proven track record in pharmaceutical sales a plus
- Previous commission salesexperience
- Calling on retail pharmacies
- Understanding and experience pulling through with product access messaging i.e. patient access education, availability, health plan formulary, status etc. making total office call
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Clear, articulate and grammatically sound speech and professional phone manner.
- Strong focus on providing customers with superior support and service.
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate complex information.
- Strong rapport building skills and active listening skills.
- Excellent selling, persuasion and presentation skills, assertive closing skills
- Ability to display high-levels of initiative, effort and commitment successfully complete projects and assignments.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Good organizational and planning skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
- Demonstrated high level technical aptitude and working proficiency in using iPad and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to successfully complete client training and meet training expectations to proceed to servicing client’s customers within the parameters of the program.
- Ability to drive to assigned targets within the territory using own automobile or fleet vehicle (if provided by Touchpoint).
- Ability to travel to work related meetings and functions (including overnight and/or weekend).
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Key Performance Competencies:
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Previous Leadership Roles
- Customer Focus
- Business Acumen
- Driving for Results
- Decision Quality
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Motivating others
- Account Selling Experience
Publicis Touchpoint Solutions designs and implements customized healthcaresales, service, and communication teams. We listen to our Clients to create cross channel solutions and achieve their goals.
We encourage and support equal employment opportunities for all associates and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or veteran status. Employment decisions are evaluated on the basis of an individual's skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance and otherqualifications. In addition, Publicis Touchpoint Solutions maintains policies and procedures designed to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which Publicis Touchpoint Solutions has facilities. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.