The Oncology Area Business Manager (ABM) is accountable for achieving annual sales objectives for a defined territory through the development, maintenance and enhancement of key customer relationships. Responsibilities include development and implementation of effective territory planning and leveraging Sanofi Genzyme resources effectively. Utilization of effective selling techniques and marketing strategies to create and expand product understanding and appropriate patient identification are also a must.
- Develop and utilize a business plan aligned with marketing strategies through territory analysis, cross-functional collaboration and customer insights (updated quarterly).
- Implement business plans through leveraging all appropriate resources, both human and physical, with Hematologists and Oncologists and other appropriate key customers.
- Develop as product, disease state and marketplace expert. Effectively communicate and position product information to customers in order to successfully promote the appropriate use of the Sanofi Genzyme oncology portfolio within territory.
- Work closely with all field partners, including, but not limited to Oncology Transplant Network Manager (ONM) as necessary to ensure strategy pull through from Key IDNs/System, Reimbursement, Account, other Sanofi-Genzyme ABMs and Medical (as appropriate).
- Complete call reporting, business plan updates and expense reports, and operate within all Pharma compliance guidelines.
- Effective account targeting and time management.
- Attend training sessions as required and conventions and symposia, as necessary.
- Complete all fleet safety training and maintain an acceptable driving record regarding accidents and incidents.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited school required. Focus in business or life science preferred.
- Minimum two years of Oncology/Hematology sales experience OR one year previous Sanofi Oncology/Transplant sales experience.
- Ability to think, plan, and act strategically
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Up to 2 years successful experience in the sale of chemotherapeutic agents or bio-tech products preferred
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with the hospital and cancer center environment preferred.
- Driving a company car in a safe manner to daily meetings and appointments is required