The Hematology Clinical Specialist is a field-based sales position focused on the sales of the Sanofi-Genzyme therapies for Rare Blood Disorders. This Position is responsible for promoting Sanofi Genzyme products and for increasing the use of Sanofi Genzyme products for indications consistent with labeling within assigned territory. This position must sell and differentiate the value of Sanofi Genzyme and Sanofi Genzyme products to customer groups and individual decision makers. The role is responsible for all aspects of sales and strategic business planning within the Sanofi-Genzyme portfolio. A successful candidate should have a strong background of working through multi-level selling processes and/or account selling.
- Conduct formal and informal presentations and convey complex hematology scientific information fluently to Institutional based physicians in large academic centers and hospitals or large group practices/groups, in a professional, compliant, ethical and effective manner
- Demonstrates deep marketplace, therapeutic, product and disease expertise based on thorough understanding of rigorous scientific principles and data, including mechanism of action, indications, efficacy, safety, etc. Provide key market insights and field feedback to home office
- Understands and applies knowledge of health care industry, trends, applicable laws and regulations, market conditions, and the market access environment (including but not limited to pharmacy-economics, payer/ reimbursement landscape and patient flow/influence between institutions and community practices) and analyze these factors in the development of business plans and in daily execution of sales calls within compliance guidelines.
- Builds and maintains strong professional relationships with physicians/HCPs office and hospital staff and others in the patient care continuum.
- Coordinates patient and provider services (Specialty Pharmacy, Specialty Distributor, Patient Services) to assure complete patient care (diagnosis through completion of treatment)
- Responsive to the needs of providers and patients understanding the importance of urgent and timely resolution
- Fosters team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information between and amongst partners
- Demonstrate advanced ability to ask strategic, insightful questions to obtain information on customer needs from all stakeholders in hematology accounts, using the insights to position current promoted Hematology brands and collaborate with customers on a customized strategy.
- Ensure effective execution of Sanofi Genzyme strategies and tactics within assigned geographic area by developing effective business plans to execute selling strategies that are consistent with corporate brand and marketing plans and are tailored to geography and customer context
- Review and analyze market/customer data to support and execute strategic planning
- Identify key decision makers for the use of Sanofi Genzyme products and conduct customer meetings within assigned territory
· Review and analyze data/systems/processes to identify and create business opportunities and to improve tactical implementation of strategic goals
- Collaborating closely with cross functional team members to identify and resolve customer needs appropriately and with a high sense of urgency
- The ability to travel up to 60%
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 yrs. of Hematology or Rare Diseasesales experience
- Minimum 4 years of demonstrated success in a hospital/institutional pharmaceutical sales position.
- Critical Care background
- Demonstrated strong capability in account management and proven sales performance track record.
- Must be able to effectively use active listening, probing and other selling skills to enhance communication, build and influence key customers.
- Demonstrated strong business analytics ability to analyze data as well as develop, execute and adjust business plans
- Willingness and ability to work within and outside of traditional business hours
- Exemplary coordination skills and the ability to “orchestrate” within an account
- Excellent presentation/platform skills
- Ability to identify decision makers and influence decisions
- Experience establishing new customer relationships
- Outstanding interpersonal consultative skills
- Strong business & financial acumen and analytical capabilities
- Ability to manage and prioritize work load, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges
- Ability to creatively address problems in an organized systematic way
- Collaborative style, responsive, considerate, flexible, assertive and personable
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and web based customer support tools
- Intimate knowledge and established relationships in therapeutic and geographic area is a plus
- Thorough clinical knowledge within the Hematology space
- Deep understanding of diagnosis and treatment referral patterns/specialties
- Successful experience in Hospital or Specialty Sales and the support of in-patient to out-patient continuum of care.
- Patient centric focus and experience in supporting patients and providers in rare diseases and/or complex specialty products
- Corporate experience in marketing, sales ops, training or other commercial functions a plus.