The Area Business Manager (ABM) is responsible for engaging Allergists and Pulmonologists and other key customers within an assigned geography and presenting clinically focused selling message to create and grow revenue and to consistently deliver product goals. The ABM will demonstrate initiative, drive, and independence, and take ownership for meeting and exceeding individual business goals. This will be accomplished by driving performance and delivering results in a compliant manner with a high degree of integrity strictly following all Sanofi Genzyme US policies and in compliance with all policies and procedures governing the promotion of pharmaceutical/biological products in the US.
- Engage Allergy/Immunology/Pulmonology customers within assigned geographical territory and deliver clinically focused message to introduce, launch, grow brand-share and revenue and to consistently deliver on product goals.
- Collaborate and Coordinate with other key field-based stakeholders such as Regeneron Sales Professional counterpart, Medical Science Liaisons, Field Access Specialists, Market Access teammates, Thought Leader Liaisons, and others in their territory to proactively address customer needs, identify market dynamics and trends, develop strategies which support brand and corporate objectives, and ensure optimal account success within their assigned geography.
- Develop strong working relationships with asthma experts and all additional Allergy/Immunology/Pulmonology specialists in assigned geography as well as biologic coordinators, office staff and other important health care personnel and key patient advocacy support groups as directed.
- Drive results by identifying key opportunities and developing strategic business plans to generate product utilization and grow territory business.
- Plan, organize, and execute local promotional speaker programs and activities.
- Maximize budget allocated to the geographic territory to support execution of strategies and tactics and generate/ grow the business.
- Participate and help lead initiatives to support sales success as assigned (e.g. participate in industry related congresses, local and regional meetings and medical conferences).
- Own business opportunities within respective geographic area, which includes coordination and calling upon large group practices and other key targets to drive overall product results.
- Establish relationship with thought leaders in assigned territory. Primary objective is to drive industry leading customer value.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 3+ years of pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device sales experience.
- 2 years calling on allergists or pulmonologists OR 2 years’ experience selling sub-cutaneous self-injectable (or office administered IV) biologics.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and scientific product-related information.
- Ability to travel to meetings/trainings/programs as necessary - additional travel may be required within the assigned territory.
- Proven success and positive track record of consistent sales performance in complex markets with diverse customer segments operating with a high degree of integrity within compliance guidelines.
- Ability to operate as a “team player” in cooperation with collaboration partners and internal colleagues to reach common goals.
- ValidDriver’s License.
- 2+ years selling sub-cutaneous self-injectable (or office administered IV) biologics.
- 2+ years selling experience in Asthma or other Immunology disorders such as Psoriasis, Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn’s Disease or Ulcerative Colitis strongly preferred.
- 2+ years selling experience calling on Allergists and/or Pulmonologists.
- Co-promotion experiencepreferred.
- Demonstrate advanced clinically-based selling skills.
- Results oriented with a proven track record of success with product launches.
- Experience with in-servicing and training office staff, nurses and office managers.
- Demonstrate a passion and learning aptitude for science and is proactive in strengthening knowledge related to disease-state, treatment options and healthcare trends.
- Highly organized with strong account management skills.