Pharmaceutical Program Manager
11 - 15 years experience • Consulting
Job Title: Pharmaceutical Program Manager
Length: 12 months’ plus
Location: North Wales, PA 19454
Magic Hat Consulting is a specialized consulting firm with a proven track record of delivering Project & Portfolio Management, Business Analysis & Business Architecture, and Process Transformation consulting services to Fortune 1000 and mid-size companies in the Greater Philadelphia area. As a result, one of our clients has a need for a Pharmaceutical Program Manager for an initial 12 month contracting position. Contract extension is likely provided the consultant exceeds our client’s expectations.
- Build and drive the execution of an integrated project plan and coordinate with various work streams relative to a Medical Devices Program.
- Oversee the execution of the project plan for over 60 key enhancement items for AE (Adverse Effects) and PQC (Product Quality Complaints) Handling for MD-CP (Medical Devices & Combination Products).
- Lead and drive meetings with senior management and business stakeholders to plan, define and execute projects/programs ensuring business objectives are achieved.
- Lead from both a business and IT perspective; clearly setting expectations for each project major milestone and then managing the business and the project teams to those expectations.
- Provide project/program management activities including, but not limited to: program level risk management and mitigation, program health, cross program dependencies, governance, change control, program planning and tracking, and program level financialreporting (budget, forecast, actual, trends).
- Minimum of 10 to 15years of overall experience as a Project Manager, including at least 3years of experience as a Program Manager and/or Director; with a focus on managing complex technology and/or regulatory compliance initiatives.
- Prior pharmaceutical experience is required; specifically, including some familiarity with medical device packaging; and Strong Rx Regulatory experience with good knowledge of the processes for handling AE’s (adverse effects) and PQC’s (product quality complaints).
- Ability to lead and manage a highly visible, complex project portfolio.
- Must have experience at a program management level in providing the following: assembling project teams, vendor relationship management, program level risk management and mitigation, program health, cross program dependencies, change control, program planning and tracking, and program level financialreporting (budget, forecast, actual, trends).
- Strong relationship building skills, strong executive presence, and must be comfortable and confident in engaging with all levels of personnel from technical to high level executive management, and influence key stakeholders.
- Must be customer focused; meaning must be able to understand the importance of stakeholders business objectives and drive the process towards achieving those objectives.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills; in addition to excellent client interfacing and presentation skills.
- Very strong leadership, organizational, task management and prioritization skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree is a plus.