Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will build strong, network relationships throughout the System’s account, including medical and pharmacy leadership, quality department and clinical services teams by utilizing brand and other AstraZeneca resources and leverage relationships to establish new ways of working within the Health System to achieve business objectives. You will develop and maintains in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, managed care and patient populations influencing assigned System’s. You will works with System leadership to better understand quality programs and initiatives, electronic medical records and treatment algorithms for targeted patient populations and finds ways to collaborate with the System to identify appropriate opportunities that align with each organizations’ objectives. You will acquire customer knowledge, an understanding of the customer needs, and
organizes customer knowledge into shared account plans. Understands the dynamics within the assigned geography in which the System operates to support and drive business objectives. Communicates with regional leadership and representatives regarding account-specific learnings, programs, activities, and pull-through brand messages aligned to appropriate patient types.
You will deliver on sales and specified account performance objectives by demonstrating comprehensive understanding of the AstraZeneca portfolio brand strategies and disease state knowledge, so each portfolio brand can be effectively positioned within the System and consistent with the overall brand strategy. You will achieve and exceeds sales goals while managing a budget using good judgment and a variety of analytical tools to
understand and evaluate the business in order to best determine how to accomplish sales objectives. You will capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic
You will work with Sales Leadership, Regional Account Director, Scientific Affairs and State Government Affairs to execute a regional strategy that works cross functionally to develop a business plan to
generate recognizable increases of portfolio sales within the System. You will work closely with and supports the System CBD’s efforts. You will work with the Systems account team to prioritize account projects and
initiatives that address changing customer and market requirements that present partnership opportunities to AstraZeneca’s System account team, and coordinates project implementation within assigned System.
You will work with other Health System/Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts and promote collaboration within the System.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
· Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in pharmaceutical and/or health care/sales including experience with the different account customer types
· Account management experience
· A valid driver's license and safe driving record
· Hospital experience and/or contract negotiation
· Thorough understanding of and demonstrated experienceworking with Organized Customer Groups and Integrated Delivery Networks
· Demonstrated ability to influence decision making within organized healthcare systems
· Strong networking skills and ability to create avenues for access among restricted accounts
· Ability to understand account specific needs and identify resources and opportunities to partner around those needs
· Demonstrated leadership, project management and strong account management skills
· Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
· Ability to work well with and influence peers and management
· Demonstrated organizational, communication and platform skills
· Strong customer facing skills
Job reference: R-041622